I'm a tattooed, mohawked, tzitzit-wearing, genderqueer, budding anarcho-bike-punk, steampunk, Jewish butch dyke artist cleverly disguised as a sysadmin. I used to be a tattoo apprentice, but I gave it up because I was tired of working on Shabbat and never seeing my family. I like coffee, eating, any kind of music, men's haberdashery, singing my ass off at any opportunity, and my girl. I'm in my late thirties but I still get carded a lot, for whatever that's worth.
21 things i want in a joey (or, trivia)
- My dream in life was, for quite some time, to be a tattoo artist. Now I think I may become an art teacher. At any rate, my dream is really just to not have to work with computers for a living any more.
- I used to sing Alto 1 in a women’s chorus. I was also the Alto 1 section leader, a regular soloist, and a member of the auditioned small ensemble within the chorus. I like to sing.
- People who pass judgment without knowing the whole story really irritate me.
- People who blindly adhere to rules of any kind without ever questioning them or considering that they might be wrong irritate me even more.
- I was born into a Christian family, de-converted from Christianity when I was 28, and converted to Judaism when I was 34. I believe I was born with a Jewish soul and do a lot of talking to Shechinah, even though I get pissed at her a lot.
- I was officially diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder at the age of 29.
- In terms of queer/gender identity, I self-identify as 100% butch. Duh.
- I am far too hard on myself most of the time.
- I am drawn to maggidic work with an intensity that frightens me.
- I was once described as a force of nature.
- But most people think I’m just a freak of nature. ;)
- My secret shame is really horrible TV. It used to be country music, but I got over it.
- My ultimate goal in life is to live every minute in awareness. I will never achieve this, but I keep trying.
- The hardest thing I ever did was come out to my parents.
- The easiest way to get under my skin is to be blatantly sloppy and careless with spelling and punctuation.
- In looks and attitude, I resemble Daria more than is probably healthy.
- I have been on the Internet (well, Bitnet, then the Internet) since 1991. I have had a Web site since 1996 and have kept a blog or journal on and off since 1999. I can’t seem to get away from it.
- I have a fabulous hippie girlfriend and four unschooled, subversive, anti-authority monkeychildren. I had nothing to do with making them little radicals, but I am very glad to have the opportunity to help keep them that way.
- I passionately believe that anyone can learn to draw, and should if they so desire.
- In another universe, I am a radical queer-power Jewish anarchist hacker zine publisher with an FBI record as long as your arm. Also, I race motorcycles.